Social / Cultural Visit Visa
- This visa is issued by the Indonesian Consulate to applicants who are going to Indonesia for a social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organizations; exchange visits between educational institutions; undertaking research and attending training program in Indonesia.
- Type of entry : Single Entry
- Maximum length of stay is 60 days.
- Extensions can be applied for and obtained in Indonesia from the Immigration Authorities.
- Approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia is needed for applicants who wish to stay longer than 60 days which must be applied for by the applicant sponsor / relative/friends who reside/base in Indonesia. Visa will only be issued by the Embassy after receiving the authorization direct from the Immigration office in Indonesia.
- person granted a student, research or training visa is not permitted to take up employment, and may not remain in Indonesia for any purpose other than that for which the visa was granted.
- Multiple entries need special permit from the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
- Validity of visa will be three months from the date of issue.
- To return the passport by post, a Self Addressed Special delivery Envelope should be provided.
- Visa is issued within five to six working days from receipt of application provided all documents are in order.
Required documents which should be submitted are as follow :
- Passport (with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia)
- One completed visa application form
- One colored passport size photograph.
- Passport copy and resident visa copy
- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover the cost of applicant’s intended stay in Indonesia.
- Evidence of obligation in the applicant country of permanent residence (e.g. a letter from employer/ college/ school, certifying the applicant intention to return after the visit to Indonesia).
- Written approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia should the duration of visit is to exceed 60 days.
- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover the cost of applicant’s intended stay in Indonesia (hard copy of 3 month personal bank statement with in not less than 10.000 AED at closing statement).
- Copy of local ID (KTP = Kartu Tanda Penduduk) or Passport of sponsor/counterpart in Indonesia.
For visiting relatives/friends/social organizations:
- A letter of invitation from the applicant family/relatives/friends/social organizations in Indonesia, and copy of their passport ( main details only) or ID (KTP).
- Evidence of sufficient funds or a third party letter guaranteeing to support the applicant financially during his/her stay, together with documentary evidence of ability to do so.
- A letter of registration from the institution/college/school in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.
- vidence that all the necessary fees have been paid in advance. If the applicant is on a scholarship/award program, a statement/letter of confirmation from the sponsor(s) /awardees is required.
A Fee which must be paid either in cash for up to 60 days maximum period of stay is AE Dirham 185,- which is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Fees for visa applications that need to be referred for approval/authorization will depend on the length of stay granted by the Immigration Office in Indonesia.